After a successful inaugural year, the Disneyland® Resort is proud to continue the Dreamers & Doers program. Deeply rooted in Disney’s commitment to supporting youth and the community, Disneyland® Resort Dreamers & Doers celebrates the power of possibility and recognizes youth who take action to improve their communities, homes and schools.
During the inaugural year of the program, students from across Orange County were recognized for their various efforts and contributions to society. 60 students from 40 Orange County high schools were selected as Shining Stars, and each of those high schools received a $1,000 pay-it-forward grant. Six students were awarded as the program’s top Luminaries, and had the opportunity to present a $3,000 grant to a non-profit organization of their choice.
We invite Orange County high schools and students to once again participate in this exciting recognition program, by sharing the incredible stories of how students are creating a brighter tomorrow and making a difference! From , applications for the 2016-17 Dreamers & Doers program will be available to students.
Here’s how it works
- Students self-nominate through a short-answer essay application, available on the Disneyland Resort Public Affairs website: https://publicaffairs.disneyland.com/education/dreamers-and-doers/. The student application period runs .
- Principals select up to two students from their high school to be nominated as a Dreamer and Doer.
- From , Principals/School Administrators will submit their two student nominations at https://www.disneynow.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKWebId=0x89985d9fc
- Each student nominated by their school will be recognized as a Dreamer and Doer with a personalized certificate of recognition and two (2) Disneyland Resort® 1-Day Park-Hopper Tickets.
- From the nominated group of Dreamers and Doers, up to 35 students will be identified as Shining Stars and invited to attend a Celebration Luncheon along with two family members and one representative from their school. Shining Stars will also have the opportunity to participate in an educational symposium in Spring 2017.
- To inspire fellow students to make their school a better place, each Shining Star will receive a $1,000 pay-it-forward grant for their school, as well as a Dreamers & Doers branded medal of recognition.
- Five Luminaries will also be selected, and will receive a Disneyland Resort weekend prize package as well as the opportunity to donate a grant to an Orange County non-profit organization.