If the student is absent one or more days, the student must clear the absence by one of the following ways:
- A parent should call the school the same day of the absence, before noon.
- If a parent did not call in, the student will need a written excuse.
- If the student does not have a verified excuse, either a call by a parent or a written excuse signed by a parent, the student will have to take a temporary truancy. The student will have one school day to clear the temporary truancy before it becomes a permanent truancy.
SPECIAL REQUEST TO MISS SCHOOL
A student planning to be absent for reason other than those listed above should obtain from the Attendance Office a "Request for Special Privilege: form. This form will be issued only with written permission from the parent or guardian. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the student being marked truant.
For a student to leave the campus while school is in session, the student must have an off-campus pass. For planned reasons, the student must have a note signed by a parent. For emergency reasons, the counseling office must get approval from a parent or their designee before the student may leave the campus. If the student leaves without an off-campus pass, the student will be truant and will not be allowed to clear the truancy. Off-campus permits will be issued (except for emergency reasons) before school, during break and at lunch from the Attendance Window.
The attendance department will send computerized attendance letters when a student reaches 5, 10 and 15 absences in any class. (These absences may or may not be excused - all absences are counted.) When the student reaches 15 absences, he/she may be dropped from the class.
- PARENTS SHOULD CALL OUR 24 HOUR VOICE MAIL TO REPORT ALL STUDENT ABSENCES (996-4970 EXT 3237).
- IF STUDENTS RETURN TO SCHOOL AFTER AN ABSENCE THEY MUST BE IN THE ATTTENDANCE LINE NO LATER THAN 7:45 A.M. OR THEY WILL BE MARKED TARDY TO FIRST PERIOD AND GIVEN A DETENTION.