The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." – Vince Lombardi
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I look forward to meeting and working with you this year. This will be my fifth year teaching at Valencia and could not be more thrilled to be a part of this amazing school! I teach College Prep Government and AP US Government and Politics. Along with teaching, I am also the head coach of Girl’s Water Polo and Swimming.
I was born and raised in the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District and after high school I attended the University of Michigan (GO BLUE!!
) where I received my Bachelor's Degree and played water polo for four years. After graduating college, I started coaching high school water polo and I soon realized that teaching and coaching was my passion.
I believe in having high expectations for both my students and athletes and excited to help them throughout this year. I believe that communication is key to the success of students. So if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. I am committed to all my students and athletes present and future growth and success.
Pride, Tradition, Excellence
REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. VOTE - early, often, and EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!
2. CHERISH and EMBRACE your rights - don't take them lightly or disregard them!
3. Jury duty is not only a DUTY, it is FUN - enjoy the chance to make the Bill of Rights meaningful!
4. INVEST early and often - in yourself, in your education, in your life, in your future.
5. We are SO LUCKY to be Americans. Don't ever take that for granted.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead